Designed with beginners in mind, yet filled with valuable technical information for advanced collectors, Collecting Rocks, Gems and Minerals takes you from being just someone who appreciates rocks to a true "collector."
- Easy-to-use, quick reference format arranged by category and color of stone
- Covers both lapidary and mineral display materials
- Provides values and tips for locating, buying and collecting
- Includes organics such as amber, bone, coral, pearl and shell
- Lists chemical group, system, hardness, opacity, fracture, specific gravity and more
- Contains more than 650 full-color photos
- Foreword by Johann Zenz, world renowned agate expert, author and lecturer